Ms. Rebecca “Becky” Dalske joined LACO Associates (LACO) in late 2016 with prior experience in environmental compliance for a renewable power company in Santiago, Chile. She currently serves as a Senior Planner and Project Manager at LACO. She specializes in the preparation of environmental documents pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the development and implementation of County ordinances and programs spanning multiple County departments, the preparation and coordination of permit applications, and supplementary plans and reports in compliance with local, State, and Federal requirements for both public and private clients, and managing multi-disciplinary projects. Ms. Dalske’s expertise at LACO additionally includes scoping multi-disciplinary projects, preparing technical reports for use by public and private clients, and zoning and general plan interpretation. Her multifaceted professional experience provides adaptability and precision when clients request her services.
Team Member Spotlight
• Hometown? Years in Profession?
“Willits, 4 years.”
• Before working at LACO, what was the most unusual or interesting job you had?
“I interned for a multinational renewable power developer in Santiago, Chile.”
• How has LACO helped you in your career development?
“To be honest, I didn’t know Planning was a career choice prior to coming to LACO. LACO has helped me to find a career I’m interested in and good at and has supported trainings and classes throughout my years here.”
• What has been your favorite type of project to work on?
“Projects that include staff from multiple disciplines are fun to work on as they enable me to learn something new from a coworker who has expertise in a different field.”
• What are your hopes for the industry?
“I hope quality is more widely recognized as more important than cost or time efficiency.”
• What is the best advice you can give to a new hire?
“Ask a lot of questions. LACO is full of knowledgeable people who won’t know what you want to learn unless you ask.”
• What is one thing- either industry related or not – you learned in the last month?
“Just the other day I learned how to spatchcock a chicken! I thought my sister was making up a fake word, but it turns out to be a real style of cooking and quite delicious.”
• What is your favorite travel spot?
“Somewhere in the mountains, surrounded by trees.”
• If you had to give a 15-minute presentation on any topic with no prep time, what topic would you pick?
“How to make sourdough crackers. I’d definitely have to include a live demonstration so that I could demonstrate how quickly they get eaten as well.”
• What is the first concert you ever attended?
“Hootie & the Blowfish at the Konocti Harbor amphitheater. My dad’s choice.”
• What was the last book you read?
“Gods, Wasps, and Stranglers: The Secret History and Redemptive Future of Fig Trees. Fig trees are amazing!”